Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Halloween...finally


At the beginning of this week i received a few more packages here in Hanga from home. One was posted from the Winona, MN office on October 27, 2008. One was posted the 4th of November 2008. Better late than never right? 
The package from November contained Halloween candy! The week after this holiday last fall i began telling my students that there was a surprise coming for them. My brother Tim was excited to have new friends in Tanzania, and was also feeling overly blessed by his abundance of "loot" from the night of the 31st, so he decided to send some candy over here! I told my students that it was on the way and they would most likely receive it from me after Thanksgiving break.
When it didn't come after Thanksgiving I promised them that it was still on the way, but probably would be here before Christmas. After Christmas came and went I was certain myself that it would be waiting for me in Hanga after I returned from my safari with my Dad in January. 
When it still was not here in February I gave up. But then it was here mid March! 

Immediately after receiving the package I went to school and asked my students to write thank you notes to my brother Tim. They were very excited to have the candy and be able to write new letters to their penpals in Minnesota. 


Thank you Tim! it was well worth the wait.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ben - Hmmm...halloween in March. That would be interesting. What about St. Patrick's Day?? Anyway, enjoyed a beautiful spring day here. And to have so many books - that project well bless many students for years to come!

Good night! Rachel