Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Teaching Begins


Short and sweet.
Began teaching this week. 6th grade English and Math. I wish i knew how to make better lesson plans. I have been just kind of winging it so far...more planning will happen this weekend.

Pictures of:
- the new guest house under construction (right outside my during the day...but they need to finish 30 rooms before Augustwindow and kind of loud at times 20 for the Jubilee!)
-Inside the guest house under construction





- Praying Mantis and Charlie being scared of it at the door to the computer room!








-Students in the Computer class (open lab time where Charlie, and sometimes I, answer questions if the students have them)
-The building at the trade school where the computer lab is (with internet via Satellite!)

No class tomorrow (or today) because half of my students were on a field trip to a National Park to see animals. so the rest just get to hang back and have fun free days...didn't find this out until i got to the school this morning and one of the other teachers told me i shouldn't teach because half of the students were gone until Friday :) So i will head to Songea tomorrow to shadow the Peace Corps volunteer there, Simba, teaching high school Physics.

all for now. thanks for the comments on the other posts!

3 comments:

marilyn said...

Ben Thank you so much for all of your news It has been so great to follow you on this journey and go to places that I may never see. This is a lifetime experience that you will always remember. I enjoyed seeing your room and the sites that you have seen. The bus trip sounds like quite a trip but better than I thought it was going to be. It looks like you need to find your own way I wish you well and my prayers are with you always Love Grandma

Emily said...

Hey Ben! So after I emailed you the other day I realized the site that I had bookmarked was only for the one day you had posted and noticed today that you had been posting even more! So, I apologize for my lack of attention - LOVE the pictures - it's sooo sweet that we are able to see where you live - I have to admit your room and space is nice - and I love the survivor bandana - you really made that your own space, I can see so much of you r personality already! It made me smile!! The computer lab and everything looks so nice! Wow! Good luck on your lessons - will have to let Laura and Sharon know - maybe they can give you some lesson planning advice :) Take care, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Emily

Charlie McCarron said...

For the record, I was only posing as "being afraid." It was actually awesome to see a praying mantis. That is all.