Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Teacher Ben


This week has seemed very busy and fast. My time between classes, and also in the afternoon, at my school has been spent organizing and cleaning the head master's office. I am putting my organization skills to work! Serena has also been helping me the past couple days. I think after finally getting all the books on shelves and dusted off, my next project there will be cataloging the books! Any librarians out there that can offer some advice?

The graduation at the school has been postponed until Friday, so tomorrow I will have time to continue cleaning and organizing. Though i love my students already, it will be nice to have a day where i dont have to teach.

Friday after graduation we are off to Iringa, and then Ruaha National Park to see some wildlife! should be fun...no school for the next two weeks, so I will have to find more projects to keep myself busy :)

this week i was teaching volume in math class...can you recognize the picture of the cube on the board? V= L x W x H
or more simply stated, (Area of Base) x (Height) as we learned today.


i also found some more nice pictures from our trip to Mbamba Bay a couple weeks ago. These pictures, and the ones from my classroom, were taken by Claudia.
the top picture shows the kids impressed by my fast texting skills...and the bottom is of me, Charlie, and Serena.

3 comments:

K K said...

I wish you could teach my kids volume... and Scientific units... and science. Miss you bud! Enjoy the time off from teaching.

Emily said...

wow - those boards are filled with notes - I hope you have those kids trained well!! ha ha - so you mentioned you were texting? - Do you have a phone over there?

Unknown said...

Hey Ben,
I've worked in libraries since tenth grade, high school and know a little about cataloging. How extensive is the collection? Is it a lot of textbooks, or a random assortment of things? I'd like to help (I'm thinking of reorganizing the library here at Imiliwaha too!)
Anyway, I hope all is well-- sounds like you had an amazing time in Dar! You're going to have to teach Cara and I the tricks of the trade!