Monday, August 25, 2008

Mbamba Bay


First let me apologize for this post being out of order...the pictures (and hopefully videos) of the jubilee and MN visitors will come tomorrow.

This weekend we (Charlie, Claudia, Serena, Me) took a trip to Mbamba Bay on Lake Nyassa. We stayed at a beautiful guest house on the lake, I did a lot of reading, and the sunsets over the clear freshwater were the most beautiful I have seen in my life. It was also neat to see the fishing culture on the coast! (note the dugout canoes in the picture)


Tommy K, i hope you are reading, because this last picture is for you: passing through Mbinga region along the way the countryside was overpopulated with coffee bushes! beautiful country...very green...but as you can see, the roads were a little slower. 200 km in just about 3 1/2 hours. but we made it!


jubilee pics to come tomorrow. a lot of them.

2 comments:

K K said...

I am a little jealous of the natural beauty of where you get to live. I miss you bud and I hope that you are doing great. You better come visit when you get back here... I have more than enough room on my pink carpet:)

Mbele said...

I am from Litembo, in these same highlands, and I am reading this as I sit in my office in Northfield, Minnesota. I have walked along the Mbamba Bay beach, including the very spot shown in the photo. You can imagine how homesick I am right now. Thanks for sharing all this.