Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sunset Soccer


or football as the rest of the world calls it :)

today i went up to the seminary in the afternoon to practice with the brass band there again to prepare for the jubilee.




























After i was done playing my part on the trumpet, i decided to stick around the grounds until the sunset to get some pictures of the beautiful sunset (per Cara's request). yes, it is this beautiful and colorful every night. wow. there were of course many kids around that wanted to plan football with the mzungu, so i played goalie for a little and let them laugh at me. it was fun interacting with the kids. they love having their picture taken! i had one of the 10 year olds take this picture of me and the kids (top)


it was fun to hear some of the little 4th graders try to speak english with me. they speak about as much english as i do Swahili (these are kids from the other primary school in Hanga (DDC)...it is not english medium like my primary school is. )

still having fun with the new visitors here. i am beginning to feel like my whole time here will feel somewhat like a vacation. i am not sure if that is because of the climate feeling like summer, the fact that i dont have any real "homework" to worry about anymore, or because i still have so much free time. anyway, i am getting better at finding ways to fill my time :)

all for today. goodnight

1 comment:

WACS teacher said...

Ben, After inquiring about you on Sunday, your folks shared the address for your blog which I just finished reading. Thank you for sharing so much in words and images. I loved reading it and experiencing your adventure in Tanzania along with you. I will continue to check in and look forward to your future entries. You are a special young man! Blessings, Mrs. N.